Conditions of registration for seminars, workshops and coaching sessions
|V.||Cancellation of events|
|VIII.||Limitation of liability|
I. Eligibility requirements
- Professional visual artists are eligible to register. Membership in bbk berlin e.V. or any other professional association is not a requirement.
- In the case of workshops, seminars and coaching sessions subsidized by the “Qualification in the Cultural Industries” program of the European Social Fund (ESF), you must also have an address in Berlin. Unfortunately we don’t get ESF-funds for artists who are older than 65.
Participation in the subsidised events also requires you to complete the current questionnaire(Teilnehmererfassung) at the beginning of the event and to complete the form (Einwilligung zur Erhebung personenbezogener Daten) (these appear when you click on the link) to give your consent to this information being forwarded to the ESF in anonymous form.
By registering for an event subsidised by the ESF you have to complete a written test form to determine the growth in your expertise.
If there is a change in your professional circumstances 4 weeks or 6 months after the course ends, you are requested to inform us at the time this change takes place, using the form which may be sent by post or by mail (email@example.com). This is important for assessing the effectiveness of the training.
- Professional situation 4 weeks after the end of the program (Verbleib 4 Wochen Kurse)
- Professional situation 6 months after the end of the program (Verbleib 6 Monate Basiscoaching)
- Prior registration is required for all seminars, workshops and coaching sessions. Registration may be in writing or online via our homepage at www.bbk-bildungswerk.de.
- Applications from persons who are not artists and therefore are not eligible for participation will not be accepted. Otherwise the application will be deemed accepted if we do not reject it within one week. Regardless of this, confirmation of registration may be taken to indicate that the application has been accepted.
III. Participation fee
Please transfer the participation fee no later than seven days from receipt of the invoice. The participation fee is exempt from value-added tax. If you take part in a subsidised event (see above, I.2) and do not meet the requirements stated there or are not eligible for participation, we will charge you individually for the “true” costs of your participation; meaning you will have to refund us for the subsidies we are not eligible for in this event.
- Withdrawing from or transferring to another event is possible up to 14 days before the event on payment of a processing fee of 5 euros. Thereafter the entire fee for the course in question is payable.
- In the case of individual basic coaching sessions, a higher cancellation fee of 30 euros must be paid unless cancellation is made no later than two days (48 hours) before the start of the basic coaching agreed upon with the coach. The participant shall be permitted to prove that the damage caused was less.
- In case of presentation of a medical certificate documenting the participant’s illness at the time of the event cancellation is possible without observing a deadline and without payment; this also applies to coaching sessions.
- Registration of a replacement participant may be made at any time prior to the event and is free of charge. The replacement is required to submit an application himself/herself.
- Partial withdrawal from an event is not possible even if a replacement is provided.
- Please contact us by phone at 030 – 230 899 – 40, - 43 or – 49, or by mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
V. Cancellation of events
An event may be cancelled for good cause, such as e.g. an insufficient number of participants, failure or illness of a lecturer, or force majeure. In any case we will notify you as soon as possible of a failure.
The working documents provided for the event are protected by copyright and may not be reproduced in any way, whether in full or in part, disseminated or made available on the Internet, whether in full or in part, without the prior consent of the respective instructors.
VII. Data protection
Your data will be processed in accordance with the relevant data protection regulations. A transfer of necessary data to third parties (lecturers, coaches, accounting) only takes place in the context of preparation and follow-up, for the implementation of for example online courses, for the administration of the bildungswerk professional development options as well as in the above presented under I. 2. anonymized form to the ESF.
VIII. Limitation of liability
- We are liable for damages only if they are caused wilfully or through gross negligence by a legal representative of our partners, employees or vicarious agents.
- This limitation of liability shall not apply to loss of life, personal injury or damage to health caused by a wilful or negligent breach of duty on the part of the legal representatives of our partners, employees or vicarious agents.
IX. Final provisions
- These conditions of registration as well as the relationship between you and us shall be governed exclusively by German law.