InDesign - Workshop for Beginners - Rocco Park – Visuelle Kommunikation
Content & Goals
Project publication and self presentation are essential aspects of work in creative industries. Adobe InDesign is an efficient and accessible tool to help people from all fields create and format documents such as business cards, brochures, magazines and portfolios.
This workshop will cover all the basic aspects of creating a document ready to publish, both in print and online. Participants will become familiar with the workspace and workflow, and learn about advanced functions of the program while working on practical examples. The goal of the workshop is to assist participants in learning the essentials of InDesign and begin creating professional-looking layouts on their own.
- general introduction to Adobe InDesign
- workspace: getting used to bars, panels and options menu
- set up a workspace that fits your workflow
- introducing InDesign preferences
- create a new document / change existing documents
- built a consistent layout using guides, margins and columns
- work with frames that include images, graphics or texts
- import and manage linked graphics from other applications
- work with colors, gradients and strokes
- organize multiple objects/groups
- use master pages on your document
- use text threads and text wraps
- paragraph, character and object styles in InDesign
- align text to baseline grid
- save files for print and web as PDF
- print files with InDesign
- package entire projects with InDesign
- interchange projects using IDML files
- good knowledge using a computer and manage files
- please bring your own laptop with at least InDesign CS4 installed (or contact BBK Bildungswerk for further information)
Lecturer: Ronny Schrödter, Rocco Park, Berlin
This workshop will be held in English.
4 applications needed
program is supported by funds of the
European Social Fund (ESF).
These subsidies are the basis for low participation fees and for the lecturers’ fees.
Therefore, prior to the event each participant must give
information on his/her person and confirm it with one’s signature.
All your data are subject to data protection and passed on depersonalised to the
responsible ESF administration in order to fulfil the evaluation and reporting obligations.